Trimming is the plucking of an old hair dog, which is already painlessly separated from the skin.
Why do you need trimming?
In the process of evolution, some hard-haired breeds of dogs have lost their ability to shed. There are quite a lot of such breeds: a giant schnauzer, miniature schnauzer, mittelshnautser, griffin, different types of terriers: Fox, West, Welsh, Selichem, core, Scotch, Airedale Terrier, Irish and others.
However, their old wool still becomes thinner and dies over time. Haircut while ineffective, because when shearing hair gradually becomes more rare and soft, changes color. It is better to use trimming, which allows you to remove old and dying hair, that is, to remove it mechanically with a special tool.
When does a dog need trimming?
With the growth of haired hair begins to thin. This happens about six months after the previous trimming, although there is a dependence on the breed.
A good hair has a clearly visible elastic thick part. A dog covered with such hair looks well-groomed and shiny. Wool is a dense shell, does not fall apart on strands and does not bristle. This is an exhibition state of wool. Over time, the hair becomes thinner and can become discolored. The animal takes on a sloppy look. This means it's time to dog trimming.
- Independently it is very long and difficult to do. And when preparing for an exhibition, it is definitely better to contact a specialist.
- Trimming schnauzer carried out from 4 months of age from two to four times a year. Puppies of larger breeds (Airedale Terrier and Giant Schnauzer) trim a little later - from 6-7 months.
- It is best to carry out trimming in spring and autumn, when there should be a molt in dogs.
- In a schnauzer, the wool matures on average in 4 months or up to half a year, which is individual for each dog. If trimming is necessary during the preparation for the exhibition, it should be done 6-8 weeks before the event. If the dog's wool grows slowly, then it can be processed three months before the show.
- Trimming is produced from the neck to the tail. Plucked neck on the sides and top, sides to the bottom of the chest, back, hips to the hock, shoulder blade to the elbow, tail from above.
- Since at first the puppy does not like the procedure because of unpleasant sensations, the first trimming is often carried out in several stages.
The cost of trimming in the cabin depends on the breed of dog, its size. Trimming of small breeds (the Brussels griffin, dachshund, Jack Russell Terrier) costs from 1800 to 2200 rubles. Giant schnauzers, mittenshna schnauzers, Welsh Terriers, Airedale Terriers, Miniature Schnauzers, etc. will cost 2400-3800 rubles. If the dog needs full trimming to bare skin, then it will have to additionally pay about 2000 rubles in addition.
If you want to do the procedure at home, you will need to add payment for the departure of the master. It depends on the distance, but on average for large Russian cities the cost can vary from 300 to 1000 rubles.