Many novice dog breeders have difficulty in raising a puppy and come to the conclusion that they need an assistant who will not only teach the dog to be a "full member of human society", but will explain to the owner how to understand the dog.
With this it is better to turn to a specialist, and not to listen to homegrown dog breeders, who explain the dog's actions from the point of view of human logic ("does spite", "mocks", etc.). Or they give stupid advice: smear the corners of the apartment with mustard so that the puppy doesn’t chew on them or carry pepper with them and sprinkle on them everything their dog shouldn’t eat.
How to understand the knowledge of dog handlers?
- A professional dog handler has evidence of his professionalism: an instructor's certificate with the seal of a particular club, other documents. He should not hide his work experience and the number of trained dogs.
- The dog handler has a special area for conducting classes with a dog, and you can always come to her and talk with dog breeders.
- Every good instructor has a clear training program. He should announce it and warn about passing the exam, which is accepted by a canine expert from a canine federation.
- A professional dog handler will promise you to raise a dog for a month and a half only if he does it daily. For rarer encounters, much more time is needed from 2.5 to 4 months. In addition, different breeds of dogs have their own rhythm of education. It is important to develop a reflex to external influence, which takes a different time from each dog.
- Also a good dog handler teaches not only the dog, but also the owner to properly manage the dog.
- It is also advisable to conclude an agreement in which it will be written down what the results of education should be and who (the dog expert and owner of the dog) and what should be done to achieve them.
At first, the dog is taught to obey the owner, and only after these skills are consolidated, the training of security functions begins, if necessary. After graduation, the dog passes the exam, performing all the necessary commands without a leash. As a result of proper training, the owner must control the dog on the first, maximum on the second team, if something distracts her.
Pay attention to the cynologist behavior
It is necessary to observe the owner and the behavior of the dog handler in the process of training the dog. His movements should be calm and look monotonous and stingy. Randomness and nervousness, as well as any extraneous movements of the cynologist, thoughtless gestures and unnecessary words that he adds to the team, all this can form unwanted conditioned reflexes in the dog. The dog will not be trained correctly.
It is also necessary to form the right relationship between the dog handler and the dog. Otherwise dog training will be ineffective. At first, the dog very carefully watches the actions of the new man. And in order not to cause her incredulity and fear, in the early days, the canine should behave carefully and correctly.
His task is to analyze the character of the dog and the reflexes already formed in it. If the dog is closely watching the actions of the dog handler and shows the joy of communicating with him, we can say that the dog is used to and trusts him. After that, education and training will be more efficient and fast.