Quite often it happens that the owner is not able to solve the problems in raising his pet. In such cases, correction of dog behavior by an experienced dog handler is necessary.
Correction aggressive behavior dogs
The dog becomes aggressive as a result of incorrect education and, first of all, in those situations when it is forced to take the vacant place of the leader of the pack. It is the leader who controls the manifestation of aggression in the flock, permits attacking a stranger, or punishing teasers.
If the owner of the dog becomes the leader of the pack, this greatly reduces the likelihood of aggressive behavior of the dog. If it so happened that at some point the dog began to feel like the leader of your flock-family, then this can be corrected. For this you need to deprive the dog leader attributes. These attributes for a dog are:
- the leader leads the pack behind him, that is, he drags the "master" on a leash,
- the leader eats first,
- for rest it takes the most comfortable and often high place (on your pillow, in your favorite chair),
- the leader always wins, that is, he demands and receives a tidbit instead of annoying cereal, eats from the table,
- grabs the feet of his uncomfortable guests,
- the leader has his own property that no one is allowed to touch (bowl, toys), but he can use the property of others
In order to remove the leader dog “from the post”, it is necessary to deprive it of all these privileges. That is, do not let run ahead, pulling the leash. Pour food only after all family members have eaten and do not feed off the table with tasty pieces.
How to correct behavior?
A well-known dog handler, Caesar Milan (especially known as the transmission cycle with his participation under the name: Dog Translator) advises the owner of the dog to knead the food with his own hands, to leave his smell in it, which will tell the dog about the dominance of the owner, as if he had eaten first from her bowl. You also can not allow the dog to rest on a higher place than the owner - his pillow, sofa, chair. Place the dog at his feet.
The dog needs to be shown that all the toys that allow it to use belong to the owner. He can take it first and play it, and then he allows the dog. Having corrected, thus, the attitude of the family to the dog, you can quickly show the animal its place in the hierarchy. In addition, in all forms of aggression of the dog and regardless of its breed and size, training is required in the course of obedience. Even if the puppy dog was already trained.
If the dog is a problem, then it is better to give it to the care of a trainer instructor. The main thing is to convince the dog that those benefits, which she previously sought aggressive behavior, are now available only under the condition of submission. You can not go on about and give delicious, because the dog does not eat the right food all day.
The predator can easily live a week or two without food. The master should be adamant. It should be shown that only an obedient dog receives delicacies. Every time a dog wants something: to walk, play, eat, cuddle, it needs to be given some command of obedience: "Sit!"
Only after the execution of the command, the dog must be praised and given to it what it wants. If the dog does not listen to orders, you need to move away from it and stop turning
Attention. She will understand that disobedience is fraught with your ignoring. Obedience teams should always be given before putting a bowl of food in front of the dog, before opening the door to go for a walk.
Self correction of dog behavior
All family members, in relation to which the dog behaves aggressively, should do so:
- No games and caresses she should not receive just like that when she wants. Only after obedience and at the request of the dominant members of the pack.
- When playing with a dog, you should always be above the dog, that is, do not sit down with it or lie down next to it.
- It is necessary to stop the game before it bothers the dog, and start only when you want to.
- A puppy should not be allowed to become a master of toys.
- Each member of the family should take the toy from the puppy playing, and in a few seconds he should again offer him to play.
- If the puppy does not give up the toy and growls, you need to shake it by the collar and strictly say: "It is impossible."
- From an adult dog you need to remove the toys so that they do not play them on their own. Only when the owner deems it necessary, he can get a toy and offer it to the dog.
- The dog should sleep only on its litter.
If the case is quite neglected and the animal does not want to sleep anywhere except your bed or favorite chair, you can buy a cage and close the dog in it when it should rest at your discretion. If the dog is very aggressive and, for example, growls when you are pushing it out of its bed, do not go into open conflict. A dog that considers itself a leader will seriously fight for his den and may bite. Just at the time of correction of her behavior, keep the door to the bedroom always closed.