Some dogs do not tolerate 8-hour separation from the owner. But do not indulge your pet! Of course, he thinks that you are the most wonderful person in the world, but it is necessary to let the dog understand that to remain alone for some time is a normal "canine situation"
Why the dog does not want to be alone?
- Perhaps your return home is a moment full of emotions. Some people like these crazy greetings. But if you encourage this madness, you cannot avoid problems such as a scratched door, guests, frightened by violent dog reaction, are already at the entrance to your house, etc. The risk of fear of arouse at such emotional meetings is extremely increasing.
- Some owners feel guilty, leaving the dog alone at home. In this case, there is a long and emotional farewell: the owner is worried in advance how the dog will behave in his absence. Anxiety is transmitted to the dog.
- Puppies have a full set of instincts that evolve as they mature. Therefore, if the puppy is used to running to the owner, as soon as he is bored, and even funnier - when the owner of the first sound of the puppy always runs to him - it is quite possible that such a dog, left even for a short time alone, can get hysterical.
How to fight?
- Encourage your dog to control his emotions when you return home.
- Keep your emotions at parting with the dog for a few hours.
- It is advisable to teach the dog to tolerate temporary loneliness from childhood. For this, breeders often use an ordinary cardboard box in which a small puppy learns to sleep. The puppy will know that he should spend some time in the box. His body will begin to adapt to the conditional regime, and while the puppy is in the box, he will not even want to go to the toilet. In addition, the puppy, like a small child, does not feel comfortable in a large open space. And in the box a small pet feels protected. At the beginning of schooling box can be left in a room with people. But do not be zealous! If you require a puppy to sit in a box for too long, you can provoke stress and aggravate the problem.