How much joy the whole family brings the appearance of small puppies in the home favorite. But sometimes it happens that due to heavy childbirth, birth trauma, the mother's dog loses milk.
Unfortunately, we can not exclude the death of a dog during childbirth. In such cases, you will need a good substitute milk milk (milk formula), containing the necessary for the growing body the amount of fats, proteins and carbohydrates, as well as minerals, amino acids and vitamins, which are so important for the full growth of newly born puppies.
What should necessarily be contained in the substitute milk milk?
- The most important thing that should be contained in the substitute is colostrum. Colostrum is the mother’s milk, which is released on the first day after birth and is rich in the most beneficial nutrients. It is colostrum that is a highly concentrated mixture of useful substances - antibodies, protein, vitamins, electrolytes that strengthen the immune system of babies, giving it the necessary growth factors, stimulating the production of proteins and fats - the building material of every growing cell.
- Whey protein concentrate is an excellent source of amino acids that are indispensable in the development of muscles, skin cells and other body tissues.
- Egg yolk is a source of vitamins, minerals and proteins.
- Soluble skimmed milk powder - contains amino acids, fat-soluble vitamins and minerals.
- Lecithin is a substance that ensures the development and functioning of brain cells. It is a rich source of phospholipids, vital for the proper functioning of cell membranes.
- Choline (vitamin B4) is a substance necessary for the transmission of nerve impulses. Without choline, normal functioning of the liver is impossible.
A good substitute milk milk must be dissolved in warm water and stored in finished form in the refrigerator for no more than 24 hours. When feeding the most important thing to remember is that the temperature of the diluted milk should be the same as the temperature of the puppy. Also, the milk mixture can be introduced into the diet of pregnant and lactating females, as an additional food. Also, the substitute is useful in the rehabilitation period after illness and older dogs.